Saturday, August 21, 2010

Week 3 Comment 1: Christian Legere

This is all very complicated and I am coming to the conclusion that a topic area like Learning Management Systems and Organization could easily morph into its own year long program. As the previous two weeks have shown, there is a plethora of tools and systems available for not only developing learning content and organizing that that material per the needs of a specific student or institution.
This is all very complicated and I am coming to the conclusion that a topic area like Learning Management Systems and Organization could easily morph into its own year long program. As the previous two weeks have shown, there is a plethora of tools and systems available for not only developing learning content and organizing that that material per the needs of a specific student or institution.

@ CHristian
I liked that you felt that teachers should be involved in the decision making on new technology coming into our classrooms. I think it is important for the people using the tools to want to use the tools. You also mentioned how long the creation of different systems can take. While I agree that some time is required to make everything work in sync, I am in shock and awe at UDUTU and the easiness of creating a great tool for myself and my students. The content is there for us, but we now have so many wonderful options to aid in our delivery.

1 comment:

  1. Julie the idea of contribution is fundamental to all learning endeavors and life in general. Contribution is the glue of great teams and the protein of great relationships. Julie, I believe that the lack of contribution has caused a great deal of harm to education, our society and our future. Julie I do believe as you do that education is going through growing pains and generational clashes, remember control is a hard thing to surrender. Social networking sites offer some great educational opportunities but the caveat here is they can offer some great difficulties in the educational setting with many student choosing Facebook over their assignments (I teach technology based classes and this is a daily headache). I will agree with you that education seems to suffer from multiple personalities but more often than not this due to a lack of information and not having the full picture in view.

    ReplyDelete