Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 2 - Comment 2 - Natalie Hill


I should have been informed about this phrase when I began this program. The phrase is “ Rule #6, don’t take yourself so seriously”, I have been guilty of this since I started this program. I have been so uptight about each subject because I didn’t know what to expect. My blood pressure have gone up tremendously.


Normally, I am the person who is telling people around me to smile everything is going to be ok but, lately that my caculating self has taken over. My mom asked me the other day why I get upset about things so quickly and I said stress. She replied, that’s not you and I said “I know”. Once again I let myself get wrapped up in the measurement world, scared of failure.


I’ve always been told admitting the problem is the first step to solving the problem. Now that I have admitted to being stressed I am going to follow “Rule #6” to the fulliest and finish this program to the end. Enjoy life and don’t let life take control of me.


Natalie,

My friend asked me the same thing the other day, and it made me realize that my "over-achiever" ways during this program have really taken a toll on my behavior. I will be happy to have them with me at graduation. It is so hard not to get caught up.http://www.flickr.com/photos/xfp/3728296417/

No comments:

Post a Comment