Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wk4 Publishing/Leadership project part 2 of 2: Exergaming in Physical Education


1. I have chosen to do a presentation, and would like to present at the E-Learn 2011 Conference in Honolulu, HI. More specifically, I will be submitting my presentation in the category for Tutorials/Workshops. I chose this category, because I think that many educators are still skeptical about how video games can be used for exercise. By providing a demonstration of the circuit and having people participate, they would be able to see what Exergaming has to offer to individuals or classes of students. This particular conference has a wide, multidisciplinary focus, including e-learning in in corporate, government, and healthcare communities. Although my AR project focus was on high school students, the Exergaming lab can be duplicated and adapted for any age or environment.

To visit the conference site, you may click on the link below.

http://www.aace.org/conf/elearn/

I also considered submitting a presentation proposal to AECT or Association for Educational Communications and Technology. The 2011 conference is in Jacksonville, FL which is close to home for me and easy to attend. This association is dedicated to improving teaching with technology. To access the AECT site, please click on the link below.

http://www.aect.org/default.asp

To view my presentation, please click on the following link:

Jerue_Julie_PublishingLeadership Project

The commentary for the project can be found at:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B87ou5aVBwNnMGYyMzZiZGMtYzg3ZS00YjBjLTgyNDUtOGQ1NGVhZmVkMTMw&hl=en&authkey=CMu0jfkE


No comments:

Post a Comment