Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wk4 Publishing/Leadership project part 1 of 2: Exergaming in Physical Education


At first, I thought of this portion of the AR project as a thorn in my side. I am somewhat new to teaching and am still trying to figure out the best way to teach my curriculum in my classroom. The idea that I would have something to share at a regional level seemed over my head. I also was concerned that I would be targeting a very small number of people, since exergaming is still an emerging trend.

I think that I have decided to go with a presentation. I'm sure there are many physical education teachers out there that are struggling with implementing technology into their programs, and with getting their students to participate. I want to present my project and what I set out to do, and also how I was not successful, but came up with some alternative ideas for future use. There are very few schools, at this point that have exergaming facilities. This is due to cost and lack of space, but there are ways to create a program with only a limited budget and space.

Image retrieved from http://www.flickr.com/photos/gamercize/1354976537/

No comments:

Post a Comment